Allyn has over thirty years experience in government and financial accounting, accounting systems, and “best practices” cost methodologies.
Areas of knowledge or expertise:
- Understanding and interpreted FAR guidelines
- Best practices costing methodologies
- Audit preparation and interfacing with government agencies and auditors
- CAS compliance reviews
- Cost proposal preparation
- Business development planning
- Financial operating plans
- Organizational strategic planning
- Cost structures and government rates & cost submissions
- Direct & variable manufacturing costing
- Financial research, analysis, and management
- Compliance with financial and government regulations & reporting
- Disclosure statement preparation
- Internal controls and procedures
- Project/Program management
- Risk assessments and risk management
- Cost impact and analysis
- Contract close-out
Allyn’s experience includes involvement in the start-up of a growth oriented research and development organization that grew in revenue from $700k to over $108M. He held several key financial positions including Director of Accounting and Director of Finance Planning, Analysis, and Compliance. He also held the position as Controller for a large electronic scale operation. And directed a research and development start-up venture exploring new technologies in applied sciences. Allyn has helped multiple small companies meet the challenges of starting-up. Specializing in helping companies win, manage and comply with the government contracts.
Allyn received a BBA degree from Ohio University majoring in accounting and finance and earned a Master’s degree in business from Webster College. He is a certified Professional Project Manager Professional (PMP) and is an active member in the local Charleston chapter of Project Management Institute. He has been on the board of several "for profit" companies and non-profits including SCORE.